Foundation Repair Montclair
Montclair structural foundation problems in your house, garage, or commercial building can cause one or more of the following observable symptoms or conditions: (Actual example of a Montclair foundation repair job is detailed below.)
- floors out of level
- cracks in walls (especially above doors and windows)
- sticking doors
- sticky windows
- cracks in concrete walls
- cracks in brick walls
- crack or cracks in perimeter foundations
- cracks in driveways
Foundation Repair Causes in Montclair
Structural foundation problems typically found in Montclair by specialists can be caused by one or more of the following conditions for which repairs may be called for by your architect, engineer, or general contractor:
- Poor drainage problem (wet soaked soil, mud, muddy under house)
- Bad smell in basement or crawlspace caused by mold or mildew
- poor grading
- deficient underpinning or underpinning needs replacement
- earthquake or earthquakes
- land movement or landslide
- failed retaining wall problem
- expansive soil like the clay soil found in the bay area (that expands and contracts with soaking and drying)
- rotting beams
- rotted posts
- wet crawl spaces, where soil is soaked under the home
If you find any of the above on your property, you need a qualified contractor or structural engineer to inspect, and give you a professional estimate, so you can discover the best way to repair or fix the problem at the lowest cost. For your inspections, be sure and choose a foundation repair construction companies, engineering firms, or specialist expert inspectors that specialize in foundation repair work, and can provide the necessary permit or permits. We are a Bluebook listed foundation repair construction company you can rely on.
Heres an example of a foundation repair job we did in Montclair :
1. Install temporary support as necessary.
2. Grade new basement area to allow 8 feet clearance and off-haul spoils.
3. Remove and replace approximately 100 lineal feet of foundation with new sills and bolts.
4. Sister the existing floor joists, 1 end of the new joists will not bear on the existing plate.
5. Construct new basement slab over 4 inches of drain rock and membrane.
6. Install drainage system around new foundations and waterproof with bituthene. System will discharge to the street.
Whatever foundation repair or structural problem in Montclair, call Ward Construction for a professional expert opinion.