Foundation Repair Emeryville
Emeryville structural foundation problems in your house, garage, or commercial building can cause one or more of the following observable symptoms or conditions: (Actual example of a Emeryville foundation repair job is detailed below.)
- floors out of level
- cracks in walls (especially above doors and windows)
- sticking doors
- sticky windows
- cracks in concrete walls
- cracks in brick walls
- crack or cracks in perimeter foundations
- cracks in driveways
Foundation Repair Causes in Emeryville
Structural foundation problems typically found in Emeryville by specialists can be caused by one or more of the following conditions for which repairs may be called for by your architect, engineer, or general contractor:
- Poor drainage problem (wet soaked soil, mud, muddy under the house)
- Bad smell in basement or crawlspace caused by mold or mildew
- poor grading
- deficient underpinning or underpinning needs replacement
- earthquake or earthquakes
- land movement or landslide
- failed retaining wall problem
- expansive soil like the clay soil found in the bay area (that expands and contracts with soaking and drying)
- rotting beams
- rotted posts
- wet crawl spaces, where the soil is soaked under the home
If you find any of the above on your property, you need a qualified contractor or structural engineer to give you a professional estimate, so you can discover the best way to repair or fix the problem at the lowest cost. Be sure and choose a foundation repair construction companies, engineering firms, or specialist expert inspectors that specialize in foundation repair work, and can provide the necessary permit or permits. We are a Bluebook listed foundation repair construction company you can rely on.
Heres an example of a foundation repair job we did in Emeryville :
We will remove and replace a 21 feet long portion of the foundation adjacent to the left front corner. The new foundation shall conform to the U.B.C. standards for a 2 story home. On top of the new foundation, we will secure a pressure treated sill with 5/8 inch anchor bolts. We will level the floors above the new foundation only.
We will remove and replace additional foundation at a cost of approximately $350 per lineal foot. If you are concerned with settlement, a thorough floor level survey of the entire lower floor of the building will be required.
Whatever foundation repair or structural problem in Emeryville, call Ward Construction for a professional estimate and expert opinion.